Friday 30 October 2009

Catch-up 1

I'll start by posting a load of art that I haven't had the chance to post before now. Mostly digital art, some is plain photography, but most of the photos have been digitally enhanced a little anyway. I have an unhealthy obsession with photoshop... :P



"My Shoes Are Nothing Special"
Me and my old converse shoes. Oh, how I miss those shoes. I bought them in America years ago - they are long since worn and ruined. :(
Still, I don't wear anything but Converse.


"The House That Cried"
Found this house on holiday in Spain and really did think it was a work of art from the way it looked like tears were running down it's face. I love Spanish architecture too; I can imagine how cosy it would have been inside. Edited the photo in a rubbish version of photoshop (the one I still currently own because I can't be arsed to get a new version - and I've fallen in love with this one).


"Christianity"
I'm not strictly religious myself (I don't believe in creation but I do believe there's some kind of higher being and I believe in Heaven, and I never went to church) but I love this picture. Again, taken in Spain. What's amazing about this one is that it was an accident. I was trying to take a picture of the cathedral you can see to the right of it, when my cousin pushed me, the eejit.



Currently unnamed!
A lovely edit of the sky. The houses are desaturated and I did my best to preserve the telephone lines. Original photo was taken in my lovely city Leicester. Love this city, but I'm going to move to London one day, I swear.



"Purple Legwarmers"
Simple enough. The original photo was almost so bad (in terms of quality) that I almost deleted it right there and then, before I said to myself, 'no, I can fix it!' They are the legs of my fantastic friend Krissy (who happens to have the nicest legs ever... hate her -_-) and it was taken in Leicester, in one of the high street clothes shops inside the Highcross. I think it might have been Topshop?? And no, we did not steal the legwarmers!



"This Is How The World Will End"
Cheesy title, I know. I felt cheesy at the time. Yay for cheese! :]
I used this for my art GCSE at school to create a really nice piece of abstract art. I have a tendency to take photos, edit them and then paint them. I suppose, in the grand scheme of things, it's still art, right?
I'm a photographer at heart. :) <3




"Moss Flows Like Water"
A pair, obviously. These weren't edited very much at all; I only really played around with them to improve the quality and I saturated them a little bit, but other than that, I didn't really do anything to them.
Out of all the pieces I've ever done, I'd say this is the one I'm most proud of. I've got some good memories of these photographs (taken on a very basic 2mpx camera phone); I was with my BFFs Sam and Emily walking down Great Central Way, when I came across a bridge that had high-rising walls that I couldn't for the life of me reach over. So they lifted me! It was hard work, it took us a long time and my ribs suffered for it, but it was worth it in the end.
For anyone who can't see what the picture is from just looking at it, it's the stream that was running underneath the bridge, and if the title doesn't say enough, the green streaks are strands of plant material (most likely stringed moss) being dragged along by the water.
Doesn't matter if you couldn't figure it out straight away - I like making things that you really have to concentrate on to understand. xP

More later!