Tuesday 3 November 2009

Grey Canvas Series - playing around with celebrities

Here's some more examples of experimentation for the Grey Canvas Series.




Karl Urban, actor, and Gerard Way, singer, respectively.
I think both of these would fit well into the 'Watch Me' category.
(Yes, I'm aware that the Karl Urban edit is slightly blurry, but I figure this won't matter when I paint it onto canvas because I can paint out the blurry lines.)


...And this is Zachary Quinto, actor (but everyone knows that). Quite clearly a good example for the 'Restrain Me' category.

Of course, none of these will make it into the first set of the Grey Canvas, because the first set in the series will consist of pictures of people that I know or have found for modelling - my own work. If I put celebrities (or even slightly well-known people) into the mix, things could get complicated if I wanted to get my own copyright. But like I said, I might create another set featuring these celebrities.