Monday 2 November 2009

New scanner

Sooooooo, a while back I was on a walk taking photographs with Sam and Emily and we went into Staples, where I found a fantastic cute little white scanner/printer with wireless for £50, which is great for value. The nice man printed me out an example of the scanning and printing quality, and it seems fantastic.

Too long have I resorted to taking pictures of my art in order to get them onto the computer. And for photography, using digital cameras would be fine, except the first year of my course is black and white darkroom photography, and I'd very much like to get them onto here, and onto DeviantART. I'm quite proud of my photography skills. Media studies would also be difficult without a scanner, as I keep all the little bits of paper that I have in a folder, but I'd like to keep the important stuff on my computer.

Also, editing photos that are really photos of photos (taken on a crappy 2mpx camera on my phone) isn't easy, and editing is what I do best.

Two weeks of EMA payments will easily be enough for me to buy the scanner/printer, so money shouldn't be a problem provided I can save the money and don't have to spend it on anything urgently, but the most difficult part will be convincing my aunt and uncle to let me have it. Si doesn't like needless waste of money, but I keep telling him, I really need to buy a scanner and I'd rather do that sooner rather than later. Him and his stupid morals.